[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Features » Animation » Individual Animations
Individual Animations
katanamaruDate: Saturday, 2009-05-23, 7:44 AM | Message # 1
Developer
Group: Developer
SUCCESS!!!! I figured out how to put animation files to be specific for individual models!!!

That means we can now make animations that will vary depending on the player model! I can make the Secret Apprentice use his own set of moves like runs, walks, force, or anything else and none of the other characters will use them!

This also means that we can do the same thing for Vader, Palpy, Maul, and Revan. Just think they can all have their own look!

The only minor downside is that now we have to agree on which models/skins to use and pack an animation mod with them. That means each character file will be an extra 6-8 megs in size. Not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.
Also this method only works in the SP game. So if we decide to move this mod into the MP game we will need different codings solutions. Something to think about.

Reposted in developer section as well.

My pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/
TotSL pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/Tales%20of%20the%20Sith%20Lords/

kal01Date: Saturday, 2009-05-23, 6:42 PM | Message # 2
Project Leader
Group: Project Leader
This is so fantastic mate i just send you a reply wink biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader
Read the rules and respect others!

katanamaruDate: Sunday, 2009-05-24, 0:52 AM | Message # 3
Developer
I'm thinking of leaving the default player models with the default stances and letting the Sith have their own animations. This way it will give the feeling that the Jedi are tied to traditional practices while the Sith change and evolve their styles.

I'm going to work on some SA movement animations first and if bliz wants to try making the force animations I'll add his with mine.

I'm probably going to make the others Sith uses similar animations like runs and force since they are using a regular single saber. This will ease my work load for now.

TotSL pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/Tales%20of%20the%20Sith%20Lords/

kal01Date: Sunday, 2009-05-24, 0:58 AM | Message # 4
Project Leader
great work, youve done an amazing job, thumbs up biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader

bliznezDate: Sunday, 2009-05-24, 1:01 AM | Message # 5
Project Leader
we r makung several mods, so its like separate anims for each mod anyway

"The Jedi are considered to be lame."
Chancellor palpatine, LAME version of ROTS.

kal01Date: Sunday, 2009-05-24, 4:46 AM | Message # 6
Project Leader
i think you dont understand bliz, if we take the blue stance to put a backhand then all characters will have a backhand when we use blue stance, if you put backhand run then all characters will walk with a backhand even if they dont have a backhand stance. Because things are related, and it was a problem we tried to fix so we would be able to make Secret Apprentice. Katanamaru has discovered how to put a bunch of animation to only on characer, so the secret apprentice will have a backhand stance a backhand walk and all without affecting the other characters, so even like you said its differernt mods for each character it would still affect the character but now that we can costumize the animation to only one specific character its great, and we wont have any problems. biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader

katanamaruDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 1:51 AM | Message # 7
Developer
Also I don't want us both to work on the same animations, that would just waste time. That's what I meant when I said I would add Bliz's animations with mine. If he wants to work on the Secret Apprentice force animations he can, and I'll start a new stance and movement animations tonight.

So which characters should we work on first? The SA or another Sith? I don't want to work on someone who we aren't going to use right away.

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 3:24 AM | Message # 8
Project Leader
I would say SA or Vader here are my two guess, vader has this powerful and fearless way of walking, attacking and standing. I would say it would be fun for you to work on Vader, but the apprentice too has a lot of differernt stances and way of movement, which differs from anyone else. So i say choose the one you would like to work on first or the one you would like to work oin last, example when i look at my map list to do i keep the best one for the end. biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader

dvg94Date: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 9:40 AM | Message # 9
Developer
wonderfull but don't you have to decompile the models

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway

bliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 2:36 PM | Message # 10
Project Leader
Quote (kal01)
i think you dont understand bliz, if we take the blue stance to put a backhand then all characters will have a backhand when we use blue stance, if you put backhand run then all characters will walk with a backhand even if they dont have a backhand stance. Because things are related, and it was a problem we tried to fix so we would be able to make Secret Apprentice. Katanamaru has discovered how to put a bunch of animation to only on characer, so the secret apprentice will have a backhand stance a backhand walk and all without affecting the other characters, so even like you said its differernt mods for each character it would still affect the character but now that we can costumize the animation to only one specific character its great, and we wont have any problems. biggrin

I think i see now......... you mean, that we can assign each npc their own skeleton? And each can have animations independant of another?
Well, then, we can change aniations y just changing Humanoid.gla file's name, i see then gr8 job! biggrin

katanamaruDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 6:13 PM | Message # 11
Developer
Quote (dvg94)
wonderfull but don't you have to decompile the models

Nope. Just use a hex editor to change where the model looks for it's animation gla.

Quote (bliznez)
I think i see now......... you mean, that we can assign each npc their own skeleton? And each can have animations independant of another?
Well, then, we can change aniations y just changing Humanoid.gla file's name, i see then gr8 job!

Close, it isn't an npc specific fix, it is a model fix. So let's say we want to have the Secret Apprentice use both forward and backhand sabers. We'll need one version of the model that is not modified and one version of the model that is modified. Then we have to specify the different npc's to the correct model. But you have the right idea; we can now make any character have their own animations that other characters can't use.

I played around last night and got some SA stances and movements done. I don't have TFU game or anything so they are not 100% accurate. I also have dial-up internet so I can't just get on youtube and watch some videos either. Once I get those together I'll send them out so people can test them.

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 11:48 PM | Message # 12
Project Leader
I dont know if you mind first katanamaru, but if ever bliz you dont know how to do so like we explain, you can still do the animation and katanamaru will take care of assigning it, but only if you dont mind katanamaru. wink

TOTSL Project Leader

katanamaruDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 7:44 AM | Message # 13
Developer
Nah I don't mind. It's really easy once you understand the directions. Only 4 steps really. It only looks complicated with the "byte pos 8" and stuff. If you want me to do it bliz just send me the mod so it works in game or the dragon cfg's and I'll just put them together. The cfg's would be easier truthfully, but if you're worried about proper credit then the working mod would be fine too, and I'll just add my stuff to yours.

I also did a blue and yellow stance for Vader tonight. For red I'm going to use the one that was red in v1. I also started on his walk and I'm still playing around with that.

So if I get Vader and SA done pretty close together I'll send them both out. It will be through email so pm me your emails people if you didn't get v1 of the animations!

bliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 2:52 PM | Message # 14
Project Leader
Quote (katanamaru)
Close, it isn't an npc specific fix, it is a model fix. So let's say we want to have the Secret Apprentice use both forward and backhand sabers. We'll need one version of the model that is not modified and one version of the model that is modified. Then we have to specify the different npc's to the correct model. But you have the right idea; we can now make any character have their own animations that other characters can't use.
I played around last night and got some SA stances and movements done. I don't have TFU game or anything so they are not 100% accurate. I also have dial-up internet so I can't just get on youtube and watch some videos either. Once I get those together I'll send them out so people can test them.

Wait, wait.......... are you talking about the _humanoid folders and numbers after them that specify skeletons?
Cause then, the way u link it is through NPC Class isnt it?

katanamaruDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 6:33 PM | Message # 15
Developer
Quote (bliznez)
are you talking about the _humanoid folders and numbers after them that specify skeletons?

I don't know what you mean with numbers after the _humanoid folder. Could you describe that a little more please?

What I do is make a new _humanoid folder for the character I'm going to mod. I'll name this new folder "_humanoid_vader."
The I put the animevents.cfg, animation.cfg, and the new _humanoid.gla I want to use in there. Then rename the humanoid.gla to "_humanoid_vader.gla."
Now I open the model.glm and _humanoid_vader.gla with a hex editor and change the reference path to "models/players/_humanoid_vader/_humanoid_vader."
Save, zip, play.

Forum » Features » Animation » Individual Animations
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz