Tales of the Sith Lords
Main | guess who?)))) - Forum | Registration | Login
[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Tales Of The Sith Lords » Application » guess who?)))) (Me!)
guess who?))))
bliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-19, 5:30 PM | Message # 1
Project Leader
Group: Project Leader
Yea-Yeah, i KNOW we already have animators, and that im already doing Lauyncher, and that its a bit too late, and...... and...... Ok, in 1 word- i recently found out i got a new talent- making animations.
So, im applying for animator in order to majke something similar to Serenity's mod- No, not saber system=- F O R C E system, and use it for TOTSL.
Oh yea, if u think not to accept me still try my latest mod- now the griping animation works on stormtroopers too (!!!!!) unlike, in last version u had to spawn player.

***THERE WE GO!***

"The Jedi are considered to be lame."
Chancellor palpatine, LAME version of ROTS.

katanamaruDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-19, 7:45 PM | Message # 2
Developer
Group: Developer
I vote yes!

My pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/
TotSL pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/Tales%20of%20the%20Sith%20Lords/

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2009-05-19, 11:03 PM | Message # 3
Project Leader
i vote yes too, but i had a problem with your push though, he didnt seem to actually push, and if ever your out of ideas just pm me and il give you some with pics if possible biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader
Read the rules and respect others!

bliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-20, 5:37 PM | Message # 4
Project Leader
Hah, kal01 i Knew u'd mention force push being crap (I thought it was just a lazy wave myself, lol), and theres Always somthing u dont like- so this time i Fixed it! biggrin
I made new force push- its Nothing fancy or anything really, but its different from the original one- and thats why i like it
See for yourself!

kal01Date: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 0:17 AM | Message # 5
Project Leader
Quote (bliznez)
and theres Always somthing u dont like
Sorry if you think that way im sorry, just try to give my opinions and improce what i can wink

TOTSL Project Leader

bliznezDate: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 2:32 PM | Message # 6
Project Leader
Hey wink You know im just kidding- its me!
Oh, btw, if u wanna have a new walk animations, pls tell me ur ideas, im not sure about what to do (As always)

kal01Date: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 11:15 PM | Message # 7
Project Leader
well some animation as katanamaur mentioned are best not to be changed, becuase walking running and the backhand are all related, so example you add a backhand run then it will run like this evevn if you have a normal saber even if your on red yellow and blue etc, they are related so until we figure out how to add animations to only one specific character then we might give it a try biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader

bliznezDate: Thursday, 2009-05-21, 11:38 PM | Message # 8
Project Leader
actualy, saber styles have diferent animations smile So i mioght be able to, say, make some stances backhanded, some forehanded, etc......

katanamaruDate: Friday, 2009-05-22, 3:04 AM | Message # 9
Developer
The single sabers all use the same runs and walks. (blue, yellow, red, tavion, desann)
The staffs have seperate walks and forward run.
The duals have seperate walks and forward run.

The downside is that the runbackwards animation is the same for all items. The single sabers, duals, staffs, guns, and empty hands. Where are you getting the idea that all saber styles have different animations? Could you elaborate on how you accomplished this?

I know that there is a run back listed in the animation.cfg for staffs and duals, but if you look at them in mod view they are not used. It appears Raven started to make the duals and staff unique with their animations but decided against it in the end.

TotSL pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/Tales%20of%20the%20Sith%20Lords/

bliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 2:41 PM | Message # 10
Project Leader
Quote (katanamaru)
The downside is that the runbackwards animation is the same for all items. The single sabers, duals, staffs, guns, and empty hands. Where are you getting the idea that all saber styles have different animations? Could you elaborate on how you accomplished this?

But they do! eek Try changing from yellow to, say, red and you'll see saber lifting higher, and some other eg. attacks are so diferent, eg. with red you smack saber down, with yellow u smack it from right to left smile Thats what i played, anyway- so we have quite a good variety there, right?

katanamaruDate: Tuesday, 2009-05-26, 6:01 PM | Message # 11
Developer
Oh I was talking about something else. Yes you could replace a style like blue, yellow, red, tavion, or desann with a backhand fighting style. That you could do if you have the animations done. Here's the point I was trying to make though:

Say you replace blue with a backhand style, but you kept yellow and red the default styles. When it comes time to implement the runs and walks you will not be able to specify that blue uses a backhand run/walk while yellow and red use a forwardhand run/walk. The single sabers all reference run2 and walk2.

If you want to replace a style with a backhand style you should replace duals or staff. They have their own walks and forward run, but they still use runback2.

This is why I want the sp code; with it I would try and seperate the movement animations for every style (blue, yellow, red, tavion, desann, staff, and dual) so that there would be more variety.

bliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 3:04 PM | Message # 12
Project Leader
Hmmmmm....... anyway, u said u found a way to use separate skeletons for diferent npcs, so we can do whatever with them now.
BtW, i forgot to upload my last version of force animations- there we go , and it contains ALL previous versions included, so No need to have earlier versions.
Hope ya like'em.

katanamaruDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 6:54 PM | Message # 13
Developer
Doing good so far. Most people just do 1 frame stances but you are already doing multiframe animations. Way to go.
Mind trick looks good. You may want to see about smoothing out its execution.
Push needs a bit more work. Mainly in the leg department. They revert back to the davinci pose and are not on the ground. I like how smooth the shoulders move with the arm and torso movements. It took me a while before I was comfortable to move the clavicals.
Drain needs some work on the wrist. It's cool that you're going for a SA look, but it would be better to rotate the rhand_bone to flip the saber than to bend the wrist at wierd angles.
And when the character flails about in the air is awesome! Really nicely done there. Only thing is during the end of the animation the floating character will move in a diagonal direction. If you remove that it will be awesome.

bliznezDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 10:04 PM | Message # 14
Project Leader
Quote (katanamaru)
Doing good so far. Most people just do 1 frame stances but you are already doing multiframe animations. Way to go.
Mind trick looks good. You may want to see about smoothing out its execution.
Push needs a bit more work. Mainly in the leg department. They revert back to the davinci pose and are not on the ground. I like how smooth the shoulders move with the arm and torso movements. It took me a while before I was comfortable to move the clavicals.
Drain needs some work on the wrist. It's cool that you're going for a SA look, but it would be better to rotate the rhand_bone to flip the saber than to bend the wrist at wierd angles.
And when the character flails about in the air is awesome! Really nicely done there. Only thing is during the end of the animation the floating character will move in a diagonal direction. If you remove that it will be awesome.

Oh, yeaaaaah, well....... <_< Do u know how to smooth animations for mind trick? 0-o
I just Did the first frame normal, but it goes to Da-Vinci-Shape For some reason.....

About push- when i was doing it, i Just concintrated on hands, so i forgot 'bout legs, so i'll possibly have to redo the whole GLA again rolleyes
About drain- i Didnt touch it, maybe you mean grip smile Im still working on it, although i do have an idea of just rotating saber UNDER sa's hand- what do u think? Also, im not used to like, termins, rhand etc.. so i guess i'll have to keep practicing more, lol biggrin
Oh yeah- U said some people do 1 frame stances eek Eer, how is that possible, i mean u have several moments to make all bodyparts moving, right? Sorry, i know im still noob, but if its easier that way maybe i shall do it? smile

kal01Date: Friday, 2009-05-29, 1:07 AM | Message # 15
Project Leader
what he means is that people can only do one frame stances so one frame and thats all no movement just a stance, you are able to make many slides therefore more movement with your aniamtion which is much better then only one slide. therefore you gained a lot of experience in aniamtions.

i really liked you back but like katanamaru there are a few details you must adjust biggrin

But you did nice work which is absulutly fantastic, nice work bliz biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader

Forum » Tales Of The Sith Lords » Application » guess who?)))) (Me!)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz