[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Tales Of The Sith Lords » Ideas » Vader vs Maul
Vader vs Maul
KRSONEbgDate: Friday, 2009-04-10, 0:57 AM | Message # 1
Developer
Group: Developer
Hey, I read in wookiepedia about a fight between Vader and Maul on Kalakar VI. I think it's one of the most epic battles and it maybe should be put in this mod. What's your oppinion?
There's the story for those who haven't read it:

Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, a dark side splinter group called the Prophets of the Dark Side managed to resurrect Darth Maul. It is unknown whether this Maul was created through cloning techniques, by using some form of Sith Alchemy to restore and reanimate Maul's actual corpse, or through other means. The Prophets themselves stated that "there are techniques to mold a being in every way." As an example to the lesser vassals of Palpatine's Galactic Empire and to put an end to the tainted Sith Apprentice, Darth Vader, was chosen as the first target for the dark warrior. These dark side worshipers believed Vader to be too much of a Jedi to be a worthy Sith Lord.[7]

On the shadowy volcanic moon Kalakar Six, Vader thought he would intercept a Rebel courier with the stolen plans to the first Death Star. Instead, he was met by a reborn Darth Maul and the observing dark acolytes. Darth Maul then dueled Vader. The two appeared to be evenly matched until Vader cut Maul's saber in two. Unlike on Naboo, this time both ends of the weapon continued to function, allowing Maul to switch to the Jar'Kai style. Due to his size and armor, Vader had a difficult time countering this style, and Maul gained the advantage. Yet, in the final moments of the battle, Vader surprised Maul by stabbing his lightsaber through his own body (and, through proximity, Maul as well), damaging his own life-support circuits and almost losing his own life in the process. With Maul defeated, the observing acolytes were executed by the newly-arrived Palpatine himself for their "treacherous" act towards his rule.[7] It is possible that this "resurrection" of his former apprentice was a test prepared by him for his new apprentice, although this has not been confirmed.

Windu: How do they call you, boy?
Anakin: Ani.
Windu: Ani? Ain't that a girl's name?

kal01Date: Friday, 2009-04-10, 2:06 AM | Message # 2
Project Leader
Group: Project Leader
Its a great story, il think about including it, but the way he resurects might interfere with opne of our mission which is Cybernetic Maul Vs obi-wan on tatooine, he protects luke from maul. so maybe the way hes back will be changed and darth vader would eventually duel cybernetic maul too.
but il think about it. maybe in extra missions? biggrin

TOTSL Project Leader
Read the rules and respect others!

KRSONEbgDate: Friday, 2009-04-10, 2:15 AM | Message # 3
Developer
Well, add him as you wish, because it isn't said if he's cybernatic or not in this story.. tongue tongue tongue

bliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 4:34 PM | Message # 4
Project Leader
Quote (kal01)
Its a great story, il think about including it, but the way he resurects might interfere with opne of our mission which is Cybernetic Maul Vs obi-wan on tatooine, he protects luke from maul. so maybe the way hes back will be changed and darth vader would eventually duel cybernetic maul too.
but il think about it. maybe in extra missions?

Oh yea, did u see that flash- animation about maul battling Old ben Kenobi?
I think it was cool, but sad it wasnt shown in any films

"The Jedi are considered to be lame."
Chancellor palpatine, LAME version of ROTS.

dvg94Date: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 4:52 PM | Message # 5
Developer
ye in opinion we shouldn't add another maul mission when he returned you know but that's my opinion

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2009-04-28, 11:28 PM | Message # 6
Project Leader
maybe extra missions. we have the tie facility so far. we could add 3 more so there would be 4 extra missions.

TOTSL Project Leader
Read the rules and respect others!

DsanzDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 9:35 PM | Message # 7
Padawan
Group: Users
I agree Maul vs Vader is nasty brawl, sad it was a comic and not a film or cartoon at least.
Kal, we trust you

Message edited by Dsanz - Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 9:39 PM

KRSONEbgDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 11:26 PM | Message # 8
Developer
Well, actually, I think there was an fan clip of the battle in youtube. So if you look for it, you may find it (if it's still there).

EDIT: Here it is, I found it. And it's very similar to the comic.

Message edited by KRSONEbg - Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 11:37 PM

katanamaruDate: Thursday, 2009-07-30, 5:01 AM | Message # 9
Developer
I have that comic too. It was pretty cool. The Maul was a recreated body with Maul's spirit I think. So he wouldn't be cyber-Maul there.

My pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/
TotSL pics: http://s730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/katanamaru/Tales%20of%20the%20Sith%20Lords/

DsanzDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 7:10 PM | Message # 10
Padawan
The ending was epic XD

Here is another Maul candidate(?) mission:

Message edited by Dsanz - Tuesday, 2009-08-04, 0:59 AM

KRSONEbgDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 10:23 PM | Message # 11
Developer
We actually have this one on the list of missions. It is Darth maul training (Coruscant)

AshuraDate: Friday, 2009-07-31, 11:04 PM | Message # 12
Developer
there's another mission for maul here's a fanmade film , the story has been written by lucas and it's canonical :

I've started to work at the sabers for the 2 other zabrak
that needs to be one of mauls missions for the mod it'S just too awesome te be let out and with a few stance modifiyings we could use katanamru'sStarkiller animsfor that backhand style using badass

Message edited by Ashura - Friday, 2009-07-31, 11:13 PM

DsanzDate: Wednesday, 2009-08-05, 10:41 PM | Message # 13
Padawan
This will help the rumor ALL zabraks are devil creatures which obviusly is NOT true. In my opinion Maul is a chuck norris nasty guy not a demon.

KRSONEbgDate: Wednesday, 2009-08-05, 11:01 PM | Message # 14
Developer
Quote (Dsanz)
ALL zabraks are devil creatures

Well, I don't know who sais that, but there's one thing to tell them: Look at Bao-Dur (from TSL).

AshuraDate: Thursday, 2009-08-06, 0:33 AM | Message # 15
Developer
Quote (Dsanz)
This will help the rumor ALL zabraks are devil creatures which obviusly is NOT true. In my opinion Maul is a chuck norris nasty guy not a demon.

well If you take a look at wookipedia Zabraks seem to be pretty peaceful but still powerfull
and I've only seen dark sider Zabraks behaving like demons
and Maul.... well he hasnt got any feelings and is also caleld : the ultimate weapon of the sith wacko

Forum » Tales Of The Sith Lords » Ideas » Vader vs Maul
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Free web hostinguCoz